Northern California Nigerians (NCN) organization was formed in 2015 and held its inaugural potluck in 2016. Our quarterly potlucks are an informal gathering to socialize and network as a close-knit community. Our membership is primarily by referral and consists of folks associated to Nigeria by birth, marriage or ancestral heritage living in Northern California that have a genuine interest in wanting to make real connections on the personal and professional level.
Today, being a member means being proudly Nigerian and a willingness to be a resource to others within the organization as well as give support to one another. The core of NCN’s mantra is a community stronghold where every member has the opportunity to form lasting meaningful and real connections with some, if not all of its members.
We are a professional network and family community organization at its core.
We believe “United- together we thrive, achieve, grow and flourish as a community”
How do we achieve our goal?
- Create opportunities for personal interactions (in-person potluck, virtual happy hours and social networking meetings)
- Speaker programs on topics of interest to members
- Educational workshop (Adult and Kids/Youth)
- Champion and highlight member achievements
- Support our entrepreneurs, philanthropists, activists etc.,
- Support system for new residents
- Sharing pertinent diaspora resources
- Support local and global causes that align with our core beliefs and mission
- Partner with other local and/or international organizational entity(ies) to further our goal